Perfect Dark - irritating problem, please help me

N64 Console related stuff

Moderator: loek555

Burb
Full User

Post by Burb » Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 10:45

kai666 wrote:
Burb wrote:Sure I will.
Only thing is that I did follow all the instructions correctly, and it didn't work.
Then tried the exact same thing a couple of hours later and it worked. :lol:
But at least it works now.

By the way kai, have you by any chance tried out the "Perfect Blood" code in Perfect Dark? Now that's A LOT of blood!
No, I haven't tried the blood code for Perfect Dark. Do you have it? If so, could you write it here (along with the proper credits?)
Perfect Bloodness:
8107FE08 4180
8107FE10 4534
8107FE18 4358
8007FE00 0042
8007FE04 0043
8007FE14 0043

Credits to Hackmaster for the code.

Encrypted code I guess?
But it works 100%

You can see the code in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ecSckXvQ8
//Burbruee

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 11:20

Thank you so much, I must try it as soon as my Wii-fever cools a bit down.

No, the codes are not encrypted. Only Blaze FCD (The makers of the Xplorer 64) made encrypted codes for the Nintendo 64.

These codes are encrypted (for use with the X-Plorer 64 only)
:!: PS: These (encrypted) codes has nothing to do with the Perfect Blood codes, posted above :!:
C85E5BC8:5964
C85E5BC6:5ACE
C85E5BCC:5AD3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See all 161 codes for Perfect Dark: http://www.kai666.com/games/perfect_dark.htm
This also includes tips and directions about the Expansion Detected and Not Detected
These codes are mainly for the superior Xplorer 64 version 1067
Last edited by kai666 on Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 16:21, edited 3 times in total.

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 11:34

Burb wrote:
kai666 wrote:
Burb wrote:True, I got it to boot on my first try.
However, it doesn't matter if the in-game trainer is on or off, I always get Expansion Pak NOT detected when using my X-Plorer 64.
I believe we had this discussion a year ago or so and how it could be caused by my Exp.Pak being 3rd-party and not Nintendo original.
Strange, it really shoulden't matter...
I got it to work.. Somehow.
I didn't do anything special, played around with the level-building codes and suddenly my expansion was detected. :shock:
I've been wondering a lot about the Perfect Dark / Expansion Pak issue.
And I think I've come out with an idea (solution) to the problem.

1: The first times you tried it, (and coulden't make it work) did you then turn of your system (N64/XP-64)
right away, when you saw the N64 Expansion Pak Not Detected, on your tv screen?

2: When you finally made it work, did you then continue into the game, after the N64 Expansion Pak Not detected, message?

Burb
Full User

Post by Burb » Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 15:59

kai666 wrote:
Burb wrote:
kai666 wrote: Strange, it really shoulden't matter...
I got it to work.. Somehow.
I didn't do anything special, played around with the level-building codes and suddenly my expansion was detected. :shock:
I've been wondering a lot about the Perfect Dark / Expansion Pak issue.
And I think I've come out with an idea (solution) to the problem.

1: The first times you tried it, (and coulden't make it work) did you then turn of your system (N64/XP-64)
right away, when you saw the N64 Expansion Pak Not Detected, on your tv screen?

2: When you finally made it work, did you then continue into the game, after the N64 Expansion Pak Not detected, message?
Well, even though the Expansion Pak first wasn't detected, I had the "unlock challenges" code on so I continued on to Combat Sim and made a kill and then shut the console off, lika described in your instructions in order to make the codes save to Game Pak.
//Burbruee

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Friday, 15 Dec 2006, 16:21

Let me get this straight:
"Well, even though the Expansion Pak first wasn't detected"

1: First as in the first time you booted the game WITH the In-Game Trainer enabled?

2: Or first, as in first time when booting the game WITHOUT the In-Game Trainer enabled?

Burb
Full User

Post by Burb » Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 0:34

kai666 wrote:Let me get this straight:

1: First as in the first time you booted the game WITH the In-Game Trainer enabled?

2: Or first, as in first time when booting the game WITHOUT the In-Game Trainer enabled?
I don't remember. But I probably shut it off when I got to the menu and could choose agent when the In-Game Trainer was enabled.

Oh, and I voted for X360 just now.
//Burbruee

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 0:39

Burb wrote:

I don't remember. But I probably shut it off when I got to the menu and could choose agent when the In-Game Trainer was enabled.

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 0:41

kai666 wrote:
Burb wrote:

You see this is VERY important and the one and ONLY difference between failure and success... (Not working or working)

BTW: It's not possible to turn the In-Game Trainer on/off after leaving the X-Plorer 64's Main Menu... The Main Menu is the only menu that allows you to enable / disable this feature.

Burb
Full User

Post by Burb » Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 2:36

*Boot up Xplorer64*
*Press R to activate In-game-trainer*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion NOT detected* ( Like it should. )
*Get to the MainMenu IN THE GAME*
*Turn console OFF*
*Turn console ON*
*DE-activate In-game-trainer*
*Activate cheat codes*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion was still not detected* ( Although it should be. )

That's how I remember it.. But it might not be accurate, since I'm very bad at remembering things.
//Burbruee

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Saturday, 16 Dec 2006, 7:17

Burb wrote:*Boot up X-Plorer 64*
*Press R to activate In-Game-Trainer*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion Pak NOT detected* ( Like it should. )
*Get to the Main Menu IN THE GAME*
*Turn console OFF*
*Turn console ON*
*DE-activate In-Game Trainer*
*Activate cheat codes*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion Pak was still not detected* (Although it should be.)

That's how I remember it.. But it might not be accurate, since I'm very bad at remembering things.
Hmm... Strange. One tiny question, Is the In-Game Trainer not DISABLED per default on your third pary X-Plorer 64, like it is on the original ones, made by Blaze/FCD?

Idea; Try and enable one, or more codes when booting up your system (N64 and XP-64) the FIRST time, with the In-Game Trainer ENABLED...

I can't explain it, but I have a very strong feeling that this will solve your problem. My theory is that the game (Perfect Dark) must 'get used to accept' (formatted to) the X-Plorer 64's (M) Must Be On code. Try it, I'm sure it'll work for you every time time now?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See all 161 codes for Perfect Dark: http://www.kai666.com/games/perfect_dark.htm
This also includes tips and directions about the Expansion Detected and Not Detected
These codes are mainly for the superior Xplorer 64 version 1067

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Tuesday, 19 Dec 2006, 12:00

kai666 wrote:
Burb wrote:*Boot up X-Plorer 64*
*Press R to activate In-Game-Trainer*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion Pak NOT detected* ( Like it should. )
*Get to the Main Menu IN THE GAME*
*Turn console OFF*
*Turn console ON*
*DE-activate In-Game Trainer*
*Activate cheat codes*
*Start Perfect Dark*
*Expansion Pak was still not detected* (Although it should be.)

Hmm... Strange. One tiny question, Is the In-Game Trainer not DISABLED per default on your third pary X-Plorer 64, like it is on the original ones, made by Blaze/FCD?

Idea; Try and enable one, or more codes when booting up your system (N64 and XP-64) the FIRST time, with the In-Game Trainer ENABLED...

I can't explain it, but I have a very strong feeling that this will solve your problem. My theory is that the game (Perfect Dark) must 'get used to accept' (formatted to) the X-Plorer 64's (M) Must Be On code. Try it, I'm sure it'll work for you every time time now

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Sunday, 24 Dec 2006, 4:51

I can't explain it, but I have a very strong feeling that this will solve your problem. My theory is that the game (Perfect Dark) must 'get used to accept' (formatted to) the X-Plorer 64's (M) Must Be On code. Try it, I'm sure it'll work for you every time time now.

So. does it work for you every time now :?: :?: :?:

loek555

Post by loek555 » Wednesday, 10 Jan 2007, 18:19

Perfect Bloodness:
8107FE08 4180
8107FE10 4534
8107FE18 4358
8007FE00 0042
8007FE04 0043
8007FE14 0043

Credits to Hackmaster for the code.

Encrypted code I guess? :?:
But it works 100% :!:

You can see the code in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ecSckXvQ8
What Do you know! A perfect Bloodness code for Perfect Dark 64!
I stopped quite a while looking for those, glad to have them now ^^
Loek555 AKA Blazin_tical2
TECHNOLOGY is the only Progress I know about Modern Civilisation.And I'm addicted to Modern Technology!
Nintendo RULES!!!!!
Arigato Shigeru Miyamoto San!

MXVampire
Full User

Post by MXVampire » Wednesday, 28 Mar 2007, 11:06

how many codes are you trying to use at the same time?

try having your (m) 1st then try 1 cheat as well, say... inf health combat sim and let some bits take a few shots at ya. if that works and you dont loose health increase the code amount by 1 and test keep going till they dont work/game crashes and then reduce by 1 and there you go your max code amount.

i found that sometimes some copies of the game can take more codes than others and code limits are a pain in the rear i know but its the programmers of the games that do this to stop us cheating with code devices.

Also a side note are you using a PAL or NTSC version of Perfect Dark? If your using a NTSC version the codes on this site will *Most Proberly* not work.

Also are you using a Xplorer (M) or a Action Replay (M)? If your using a Action Replay (M) on your Xplorer 64 try locating a Xplorer 64 (M) Instead That MIGHT help!
Everytime you buy from $ony... God kills a kitten

Thomas B

Post by Thomas B » Tuesday, 01 May 2007, 13:25

not sure if anyone said this, thing with PD is codes were made for the game (playble without a exansion pack) and for the game (with a exapnsion pack)

Codes like Inf NRG could be for the non expansion pack users (multiplayer) which obviously will not work for the actual game (with a expansion pack)

When i play the game, i can only use a few codes at a time.

INF NRG (level) and INF AMMO (level)

as this game has codes for multiple levels, if you select a code for 2 different levels the game will either crash or freeze mid mission.

Select your codes, enable ex pack boot game, reset (dont turn off) you may have to reset x2, select same codes (with above note in mind about how many to select) dont enable ex pack and hey presto it will work, INF NRG and INF AMMO will be active for the named missions ONLY.

Complete mission, turn off change selected codes tot he mission you want and repeat the proccess.

:P