kai666
Administrator
Administrator

HDMI mod for the Nintendo 64 incoming for a Q1 2014 release

Post by kai666 » Monday, 03 Mar 2014, 13:20

HDMI mod for the Nintendo 64 incoming
Added by Gauss on 28.02.2014

Will work on NTSC and PAL consoles.
One man is currently working on a special board which can be installed to your N64 console (NTSC or PAL) and allows it to output a HDMI, DVI or VGA signal.

Tentatively scheduled for a Q1 2014 release, the N64 HDMI Converter by Marshall over at Retroactive, is a board that can be installed in your console in order to give it a DV-I output, which can then be adapted to HDMI or VGA if needed.

This is not a plug and play board. Soldering is required. Since it attaches directly to the output of the RCP before any video processing is done, it requires fine pitch soldering skills to install.

I will not provide installation services. However, some people in the community may choose to purchase a lot of 20-30 units from me and sell N64s with the board already installed.

The board will work with both NTSC and PAL consoles.

Tentative release date is Q1 2014. To be honest it's one of many things I have going on, and I'd rather not release a crappy product, so it'll be done when it's done.

If you are interested in this product, consider putting in your information to the box below. It goes to a special mailing list created just for this. You will get one or two emails when something significant happens, and it's ready to go.

Like the 64drive, I don't have the funds to start a huge batch order out of pocket. So it will be a small pre-order, where the pre-orders help bootstrap production costs.
You can find more details on Retroactive's official site HERE: http://retroactive.be/tech_N64_hdmi.php

SOURCE: http://www.maxconsole.com/news/GENERAL/ ... 28399.html

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HDMI mod for the Nintendo 64 incoming for a Q1 2014 rele

Post by kai666 » Monday, 03 Mar 2014, 13:44

Woulden't it be nice if he also made a durable, effective and quality hacking device, as opposed to the crappy, non-durable Action-Replay and Equalizer, ones from Codejunkies?

I woulden't mind to pay £70 - 90, as long as it would be quality, and not the usual quantity-junk made by Datel...