Nintendo DS

Game Boy Handheld related stuff
loek555

Nintendo DS

Post by loek555 » Thursday, 27 Jan 2005, 19:12

Eindelijk is het dan zover. De Europese launchdetails zijn bekend. We houden jullie niet langer in spanning, lees snel verder.

De prijs voor het apparaat zal 149,99 euro zijn en hij zal op 11 maart te koop zijn! De launchgames: Asphalt Urban GT, Pokémon Dash, Mr. Driller, The Urbz, Rub it (Feel the Magic), Mario 64 DS, Spider-Man 2, Rayman DS en Zoo Keeper.

Bij de Nintendo DS zal net als in Amerika een demo zitten van Metroid Prime: Hunters.

De prijs van de games ligt tussen de 30 en de 40 euro.

Translation:
Finally it's coming. The european launch date are annouced. We will not let you wait in suspence, so read on.

De price of the Nintendo DS wil be 149,99 Euro and will be on sale 11 march.De launchgames: Asphalt Urban GT, Pokémon Dash, Mr. Driller, The Urbz, Rub it (Feel the Magic), Mario 64 DS, Spider-Man 2, Rayman DS en Zoo Keeper.

Like in the U.S., when you buy the Nintendo DS you will get a Metroid Prime: Hunters demo.

The Price for the games will be around the 30 and 40 Euro.

NEWS FROM: http://frontpage.fok.nl
Loek555 AKA Blazin_tical2
TECHNOLOGY is the only Progress I know about Modern Civilisation.And I'm addicted to Modern Technology!
Nintendo RULES!!!!!
Arigato Shigeru Miyamoto San!

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Thursday, 27 Jan 2005, 23:16

Great :wink:

But whats €30 - 40 in £ :?:

loek555

Post by loek555 » Friday, 28 Jan 2005, 9:52

That'll be roughly 20 - 25 £ (18 - 23 is more precise, I just like round numbers)

:D:D:D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
TECHNOLOGY is the only Progress I know about Modern Civilisation.And I'm addicted to Modern Technology!
Nintendo RULES!!!!!

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Friday, 28 Jan 2005, 10:23

loek555 wrote:That'll be roughly 20 - 25 £ (18 - 23 is more precise, I just like round numbers)

Well... maybe prices are a little different here in Denmark. I've just spoke to one of my friends, who works in this kind of business. He said the Nintendo DS will be priced approx. DDK 1.000.- (roughly £100)
and the psp will be priced at about DDK 1.900.- (roughly £190)

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Friday, 28 Jan 2005, 12:07

kai666 wrote:
Nintendo DS will launch in Europe on 11th March priced £99.99 or €149, Nintendo has revealed at a press conference in Paris this afternoon, and the platform holder is planning to ship more than 650,000 in the initial run.

Full story: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57717 (by Tom Bramwell )

SOURCE: http://www.eurogamer.net
Hmm... maybe your prices was a little optimistic, Loek :wink:

loek555

Post by loek555 » Saturday, 29 Jan 2005, 2:34

kai666 wrote:
loek555 wrote:That'll be roughly 20 - 25 £ (18 - 23 is more precise, I just like round numbers)

Well... maybe prices are a little different here in Denmark. I've just spoke to one of my friends, who works in this kind of business. He said the Nintendo DS will be priced approx. DDK 1.000.- (roughly £100)
and the psp will be priced at about DDK 1.900.- (roughly £190)
Euh Kai...you asked about the 30 & 40 €....those are the prices of the games, not the DS itself, I thought I made a wrong translation, but no it's all there the price of the DS and the games.
Nintendo RULES!!!!!

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Saturday, 29 Jan 2005, 8:29

D'OH.. Yeah I see it now :oops:

skedar99

Post by skedar99 » Thursday, 17 Feb 2005, 14:38

iu wish i could have read that :cry:

Retroboy

Post by Retroboy » Thursday, 05 May 2005, 11:57

ive been on gamespot today and theyve help me decide not to get a DS.

the main reason is that game compared to psp are pretty crap for the DS, like spider man 2.

and i dont like to pay for a new console and play ported N64 games that look worse on the DS and i dont want to play games like polarium.

the DS is looking like dreamcast when it first came out

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Thursday, 05 May 2005, 12:27

Retroboy wrote:ive been on gamespot today and theyve help me decide not to get a DS.

the main reason is that game compared to psp are pretty crap for the DS, like spider man 2.

and i dont like to pay for a new console and play ported N64 games that look worse on the DS and i dont want to play games like polarium.

the DS is looking like dreamcast when it first came out
Who cares about Gamespot.. They're most likely corrupted by money, grid and even more money, paid by sony, in order to talk bad of the Nintendo DS and GameCube, so that they *COUGH* sony can have their won crappy products sold in greater numbers :x

Retroboy

Post by Retroboy » Thursday, 05 May 2005, 12:42

kai i dont mean too sound mean here but gamespot have nothing to do with Nintendo, sega, sony or microsoft.

theyve been arround since games have and theyve been theyre providing information on all upcomming titles and help you know which games are are a must have, worth buying, or shouldnt have been made.

theyre basically game crittics who rate games (when games get 97% like MGS2 thats where they get the percentage from).

theyre just providing people with upcoming DS titles with screen shots and theyre not as impressive (2d) as psp (ps2 quality)

DS
http://www.gamespot.com/DS/action/spide ... ml?page=19

PSP
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/spid ... tml?page=8

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Post by kai666 » Thursday, 05 May 2005, 13:07

Retroboy wrote:kai i dont mean too sound mean here but gamespot have nothing to do with Nintendo, sega, sony or microsoft.

theyve been arround since games have and theyve been theyre providing information on all upcomming titles and help you know which games are are a must have, worth buying, or shouldnt have been made.

theyre basically game crittics who rate games (when games get 97% like MGS2 thats where they get the percentage from).

theyre just providing people with upcoming DS titles with screen shots and theyre not as impressive (2d) as psp (ps2 quality)

DS
http://www.gamespot.com/DS/action/spide ... ml?page=19

PSP
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/spid ... tml?page=8
No, and I don't mean to act in a rude way against you.. But honestly, since when have the words Gamespot turned into the words, of some gaming God :?: There's so many great games for the Nintendo DS.. and not that many for the *COUGH* psp... Admitted, the *COUGH* psp is a great deal better looking and also have a nicer graphics.. But you must keep in mind that everything comes to a price (and I'm not just thinking of ££)... .. I'll hereby suggest the *COUGH* psp-moranes at Gamespot, to drink 2 - 4 beers every day, as ppl may rather think that they're drunk, instead of just plain stupid :idea: :idea:

Retroboy

Post by Retroboy » Thursday, 05 May 2005, 14:19

i agree with the cost part, like the GC (which i beleive that most games looke better than PS2, apart from MGS3)

The GameCubes price made it a excellent console because:
A) cheap
B) excellent graphics

But with the DS its kinda like:
A) cheap
B) Average Graphical games (which near the end of the consoles life will be spot on)

So with the psp being like the ps2 (still exspensive) i know id be getting:
A) PS2 quality games (ive heard its a smaller version of the ps2, game developers know how to make better graphical games)
B) A little pricey

Moral
Id rather pay more to have a console where the developers already know the power of the machine so they can make games that take it to the limits.

But i agree that people have their own opinions