Speak out

Moderator: loek555

kai666
Administrator
Administrator

Half-Life developer: Wii more valuable than 360, PS3

Post by kai666 » Wednesday, 29 Aug 2007, 7:38

Half-Life developer: Wii more valuable than 360, PS3

Half-Life creator and founder of Valve software, Gabe Newell, strongly hinted at plans to develop games for Nintendo Wii, calling his current exclusion of games on the system as "an obvious hole in our strategy."

Valve's Gabe Newell likes waggle
Necessity is the mother of invention, or so the saying goes. More specifically, a need or problem encourages creative efforts to meet the need or solve the problem, as in the case with Wii's unique approach to controls and dated technology when compared to Xbox 360 and PS3.

Half-Life developer Gabe Newell seemingly likes the challenge.

"I think the Wii represents more of a challenge because of its input. You can think of the Xbox 360 as pretty much a PC and a PlayStation as kind of a PC. The Wii gives you a bunch of problems that don't fit into that model," Newell told Game Informer.

"I think it's more valuable. I think it's more interesting than just graphics chip - CPU combination. It's the machine I have at home. The fact that we don't have anything in development on it even though it represents big opportunities as a whole is an obvious hole in our strategy."

While originally written-off by a large number of publishers, the Wii has since garnered increased attention from game makers due to its popular commercial appeal.

by GamePro Staff | 08/28/2007 | 8:34:50 AM PST

SOURCE: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=131408